Friday 25 March 2011

PostHeaderIcon Chincilla

This little fella, which I found out yesterday has an interesting name.

Chincilla - sounds like some Mexican food to me :p
Mouse like ears and body like a guinea pig.


Today's trip to London has been the shortest but most interesting one so far. The bus driver took different routes, both to and from London and I saw some really interesting places and boats. On the way back, the bus driver drove along a river, where there were many boat houses. And they were colourful boat houses, lined neatly next to each other in a long row.

Weird as it might sound, but I love going to markets here. Today I went to Borough Market. Made my day!! There were so many things on sell there, lots of food stalls, one selling curries, thai green chicken, seafood curry, venison curry, duck confit burger, crepe with smoked ham, wild rockets and brie, pasta, loads of cheese, fish, meat, bread, sausages, cakes, pies, fruits and a stall selling many many different types of mushrooms. There was a fruit juice stall that sold wheatgrass juice. A shot of wheatgrass = 3 days of greens!

I walked out the market a happy girl:))) Wish I could buy and eat everything there! Everything looks so yummy! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having spoke to an audit manager from EY Malaysia today, the desire of wanting to stay here is stronger than yesterday. She mentioned that ICAEW is growing in Malaysia, but I'm sorry, I don't see how the Big 4 firms are helping their audit associates pass their ICAEW exams. I know it's tough studying and working at the same time but how is the firm helping when it seems like the firms are always faced with a shortage of staff and work their staff like crazy? She also mentioned that during peak periods, sometimes you might work till 1,2 am! And you're expected to work on Saturdays as well. With such long working hours, you really can't expect too much from students who are studying as well.
The idea of such a working life isn't appealing at all:(

The author of a book I read said job hunting is worst than being in prison because life is so uncertain during that time. I concur!

But it's okay, job hunting is part of life:) It'll end at some point.

0 comments:

About Me

I believe God has plans for everyone of us and everything happens for a purpose=) I think being positive makes a big difference in life!
Daily Scripture Email List - www.TAGnet.org/scripture

Blog Archive

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed