Saturday 2 May 2009

PostHeaderIcon Learning

I guess next week is officially the last week of term. There goes my 2nd year of Uni. Cliche but felt like I just arrived not too long ago..

Exams are up next. In 10 days. Would say I'm not sure of what to expect, probably its because the style here is different. Lorraine mentioned on Thursday night, we attend Uni to learn how to think. How to think? Back in Malaysia, what were we taught to do? Think critically? Nah.. You might not obtain good grade unless you spit out the same words as written in the text book. Ironic huh? I'm sure not everyone studies that way, but perhaps in general, most of us were brought up under the education system where scoring in exams matters most.

Over here, you're expected to think critically and evaluate critically most of the time. I guess that explains why most British are involved in research work.
I'm thankful for experiencing a different way of learning. being here is like having a reality check... Cant just memorize, you need to evaluate critically and present your opinion.
But as the saying goes, better late than never=)

'Learning should be a response of God's love to us. Obtaining a first class degree would not make God love us more nor does failing makes God love us less. He loves us all the same!' - Lorraine

Doing well in exams is definitely a way we can glorify His as a student (:

Happy revising to my mates in the 'diff, Spore, Russia, UK and all those having exams~

2 comments:

Sean said...

why did it take you so long to realize this?

~mei~ said...

just that compared to the british here, i'm just way slower...

About Me

I believe God has plans for everyone of us and everything happens for a purpose=) I think being positive makes a big difference in life!
Daily Scripture Email List - www.TAGnet.org/scripture

Blog Archive

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed