Wednesday 28 May 2008

PostHeaderIcon MIMS Management Game

When I was told about the Management Game organized by MIMS, I really want to go.

The following Tuesday, which was last Tuesday (not yesterday), I was told by Miss Sharifah that MIMS can only sponsor 2 teams and if my team wanted to go, we would need to pay the registration fee of RM500 by the next day.

I didnt want to take that as a no so I printed letters to look for sponsors at the shops outside with my teammates. Things didnt turn out as I wanted it to be as a few coffee shops were closed by some Malay health officers and most ppl donated towards the China Aid Fund. That night, I was disappointed but I told myself that it might not be God's will that I may participate in it.

The next day, I did ntg... No transport to go out...

Thursday - 4++, Arthur called. He said Miss Sharifah called him and said she found a sponsor for us. Are we still interested?? Of course I was. Rushed to meet up with Miss Sharifah to settle our registration form and was told to be at the bus stop at 7.15am the next morning.

I am so grateful that God gave this second chance. This wasnt the first time that God proved to be ever so faithful. He gives surprises when you least expect them. Praise HIM!!

The competition was good. Very tiring, mentally. Each group had to make decisions regarding the quantity of production of product and raw materials etc. any wrong decision would be costly as it would cause our 'virtual' company to face loses. My team managed to get into the secound round cause INTI Sarawak played to lose. They didnt want to face this stressful game again and would rather go shopping. Thus, my team managed to put up the night at Holiday Villa, Ampang. The apartment styled unit had 2 room where Joanne and I shared one while Arthur and Jie Sheng shared the other.

Second day of the game, we started off badly, making losses again. By the 3rd period, we found our mistake and was back on track. Sadly, it was too late by the time we realized it and we had to settle for 3rd place of out 4 team under Group B.
Tar College won 1st and 2nd in the finals but they had the software and used laptop... Oh well, it's over already...

Anyway, it was really good experience. I really am so thankful for being able to participate;)

0 comments:

About Me

I believe God has plans for everyone of us and everything happens for a purpose=) I think being positive makes a big difference in life!
Daily Scripture Email List - www.TAGnet.org/scripture

Blog Archive

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed